Join
Mypinkpal helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

"coming out"
what does this mean? Coming out of where? the figurative closet?
Coming out is the act of expressing your individual feelings and trusting whoever you confide in. Coming out can be for a number of things but it is closely and mostly referred to as the ceremonial outting of ones sexual identity to non lgbtq persons. Most importantly. parents. I can just hear the horror music in the background.
Meh personal experience with coming out was a bit of an anxiety attack. I first came out to a small group of my friends , who I'm sure at the time had already figured it out, telling them I was bisexual. my friends smiled and joked and took me with open arms as friends should. ones friends Are a family in their own right and if they do not accept one they are not family or friend.
the next step, my parents.
coming from a largely conservative Portuguese / polish family that were long time church goers and whisperers of drama, I was terrified. but at the time, I was with a transgender who was ftm. (female to male) and the relationship was not preceded well with the parents. the only way for it to continue was for both of us to come out to my frighteningcloseminded father. So we did one snowy day.
Meh father was shocked and chased my boyfriend out of the house and sat me down for me to explain. I told him I had known for many years of my orientation but this was all a delusion effected by my boyfriend. he still to this day is in denial and this was four years ago.
next I told my mother and she was okay with it but said I should go for instead.
I never told my grandmother, she'd be crushed.

So all in all is say never wait to come out to your parents. parents will always love you but Nah take news badly because of their old backing, Dont blame them it was simply how they were raised. if you know your grandmother would never accept it, please Dont give her a heart murmur. the thing is sometimes it does go badly yes and that's the only thing on a persons mind when coming out. but stay positive and do it. after all I'm free now
I technically didn't actually come out. I just started talking to a girl and at first I made a joke out of liking her to my mom. Then I started to really love her and I just told me mom and I think my mom was kimda in denial but she seemed okay with it. The rest of my family just found out by me posting it on facebook and all the did was congratulate me. However, that relationship ended badly and she cheated on me and now is actually dating the girl, but we are still trying to be friends.

"coming out"
Coming out is the act of expressing your individual feelings and trusting whoever you confide in. Coming out can be for a number of things but it is closely and mostly referred to as the ceremonial outting of ones sexual identity to non lgbtq persons. Most importantly. parents. I can just hear the horror music in the background.
Meh personal experience with coming out was a bit of an anxiety attack. I first came out to a small group of my friends , who I'm sure at the time had already figured it out, telling them I was bisexual. my friends smiled and joked and took me with open arms as friends should. ones friends Are a family in their own right and if they do not accept one they are not family or friend.
coming from a largely conservative Portuguese / polish family that were long time church goers and whisperers of drama, I was terrified. but at the time, I was with a transgender who was ftm. (female to male) and the relationship was not preceded well with the parents. the only way for it to continue was for both of us to come out to my frighteningcloseminded father. So we did one snowy day.
Meh father was shocked and chased my boyfriend out of the house and sat me down for me to explain. I told him I had known for many years of my orientation but this was all a delusion effected by my boyfriend. he still to this day is in denial and this was four years ago.
next I told my mother and she was okay with it but said I should go for instead.

So all in all is say never wait to come out to your parents. parents will always love you but Nah take news badly because of their old backing, Dont blame them it was simply how they were raised. if you know your grandmother would never accept it, please Dont give her a heart murmur. the thing is sometimes it does go badly yes and that's the only thing on a persons mind when coming out. but stay positive and do it. after all I'm free now
Mypinkpal Team
Gay Lesbian Social Network  and  like this.

"coming out"